CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 6, 2012

Our Friday Adventure

It is always fun to have daddy stay home from work so that we can have some fun time! After a morning of Rayni and I getting our picture taken with Rayni's Grammy Lou and great Grammy for 4 generations (pictures coming soon) We decided that we were going to go on an adventure.

(Side note)
I love just randomly deciding to go places last minute. I am WAY too much of a planner and get stuck with needing to know everything so that I can plan every detail. I recently saw an episode of "Pregnant in Heels" where there was a couple that was scared to have a baby because they are very spontaneous and are worried that having a baby will make it so they can't do that anymore. They wanted a flexible baby...HA! The main girl on the show said that if you get your baby on a schedule then you can anticipate their needs and make it so you can be spontaneous but still be able to provide for your baby. Because I am such a scheduler and a planner I have had Rayni on a schedule from 6 weeks. It works like a charm and does make it easy for use to be spontaneous because I know what she will need while we are out. 
Even though I am a control freak and like to plan every detail I love days like this because it gives my brain a break, I don't have to think... and I don't have to plan, I just get to go with the flow.

Anyway back to what I was saying.  
Those of you that know me well know my obsession with the Food Network channel. Zach said to me once...or twice, "every time I turn the TV on it is always on the Feed Network" What can I say I L.O.V.E it!
Well among my favorites is: 
I Love all the fun places he goes and all the AMAZING food he tries. I love it when he goes to ones in or around Utah, because I try to make it a point to go. We have been to the Red Iguana in SLC, Rick's in Boise ID, and the one we added to our list today:
Ruth's Diner! (up Emigration Canyon) 
OH MY LANTA! 
This place was yummy! 
It lived up to the episode. 

The main reason why I wanted to go was for a specific meal that it showed on the show: Biscuits and Gravy.
This is defiantly not a meal to help with my "trying to get rid of my baby flub" but a cheat is acceptable every once in a while...right?  
 When I was little I would go to breakfast with my Grandpa Syd and he always got the Biscuits and Gravy no matter where we went. It turned out to be one of my favorite meals for breakfast as well. 
I don't think my grandpa ever went to Ruth's Diner but if he did I think he would agree with me... 
THE BEST BISCUITS AND GRAVY I HAVE EVER HAD!

There are 2 very important things that have to "be" in order to have good biscuits and gravy:
#1 The gravy needs to have a lot of flavor and needs to be thick
#2 The biscuits need to be able to stand up to the gravy and not get soggy 

Ruth's Diner is Famous for their Biscuits. They are called the mile high biscuits. This was for sure a carb over load. 
First they send out a mile high biscuit for the entire table when you first get there. 

Then if you get the biscuits and gravy you get 2 more biscuits. Phew... it was a little much but SO tasty and totally worth it! 
This pic doesn't do it justice of just how big this puppy was!

After we ate we continued up Emigration Canyon for a little drive and saw a beautiful lake then headed home. It was totally one for the books of great days! 

 Sleepy head
Full, Fat, and Happy after Ruth's 

And to end...
This is our friend Ruth... we wouldn't be complete without her!


0 comments:

Post a Comment